Founded in 1990, the San Gabriel Valley City Managers’ Association (SGVCMA) is an association comprised of the administrative heads of various municipalities within the San Gabriel Valley Region. This organization also serves as a regional subdivision “Area Managers Group” of the City Managers Department for the League of California Cities. The League of California Cities Area Management Groups are an essential communication conduit between the City Managers Department and the local government at the city and county level. The group consists of City Managers and Assistants who meet or communicate routinely for professional, training, networking and/or social purposes. Furthermore, the organization also serves as a forum for detailed dialogue about state-wide and regional issues that affect cities, local control, local revenues and governance.
Goals of SGVCMA include the following:
- To provide an informal affiliation of the City Managers within the San Gabriel Valley.
- To be a regional subdivision “Area Managers’ Group” of the City Managers’ Department of the League of California Cities.
- To promote the purposes and goals established in the League of California Cities Constitution, By-Laws and City Managers’ Department work program.
- To serve as a technical and advisory liaison to the City Managers’ Department of the League of California Cities.
- To promote the personal development and enrichment of its members through the planning and conduct of meetings, seminars, social events, discussions, and workshops.
- To provide a support system for all members and, particularly, for City Managers in transition.
Membership is limited to either a full member, associate member, affiliate member, and honorary member. The cities currently designated as being within this Area Managers’ Group and, thus, eligible for full membership within SGVCMA are:
La Cañada Flintridge
South El Monte